Monday 10 August 2009

Freedom of speech?!

A very interesting couple of days! After my run in with the MOG, Carol and I checked out the permit situation, and it turns out that every city has its own rules.

So in Frisco, I need a permit to doorhang. I can doorhang from 9am - 7pm Mon - Fri and 10am - 5pm on a Sat or Sun. Permit costs $35 for 6 months and anyone that doorhangs with me also needs a permit at $35! In The Colony I can doorhang from sunrise to sunset 7 days a week, and do not need a permit (so long as I don't talk to anyone!). If Thomas helps me, it is considered as child labor (absolutely!!) and I need to sign consent forms, am not allowed to take him further than 30 miles away from home, and he can only doorhang from 10am - 7pm on any given day! In Flowermound, Carol cannot doorhang on a Sun or bank hol and can only hang from 9am - 5pm. Carol doesn't need a permit, so long as she doesn't talk to anyone! OK, I know - Carol needs a permit!!!!!

So I guess we should be grateful to the MOG, as without him, we would never have known any of this! Andy says that I'm just the same with bonfires (not before 6pm)!

PS: You may have noticed that I have removed my previous posting containing the F word (no, not that F word), as on reflection I decided that I may cause offence (apologies if I have), and my mum reads my blog - and she wouldn't approve - sorry mum!!

2 comments:

  1. I have to show my ignorance, perhaps it was earlier and I missed it, what is door hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Shirley - keep up!!! It's illegal to leaflet in the USA, as the mailboxes belong to the American Postal Service, so we have to door hang - think of a "do not disturb" sign on a hotel door....you've got it!! :)

    ReplyDelete