Monday 22 June 2009

Nuns!

Today Carol and I went on a field trip with Stuart Cope (Stock dept Manager) to the printers that Slimming World use and to the "pick and pack" warehouse that stores, picks and delivers Hifi and Scanbran to our Consultants in the UK. The printers was very impressive. I expected dust, dirt and noise as the only printing I've seen is when I visited my Dad at work at the Isle of Wight County Press newspaper, but of course things have evolved in the past 25 years!! The working conditions at the warehouse however were so bad that we wanted to bring all of the staff back to Slimming World Head Office - I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are!! When we arrived back at Head Office, Stuart was acting very suspiciously! After a cup of coffee in the restaurant, we were asked to go into the conference room, where there was a national District Managers meeting taking place. All of the staff from Head Office were also in the room, but I couldn't see my team of UK South District Managers anywhere - where were they?!! Lisa asked us to take a seat at the front and then I heard them!! Out came my 7 lovely "Maria" nuns singing a specially written song (thank you Lynn!) to the tune of "how do you solve a problem like Maria". Tears all round! I was then presented with an amazing leaving book full of stories and messages from my District Managers (more tears!). Caryl Richards presented to all our launch and growth plan, pre-empted by the Dallas theme tune and some very dodgy photos (!) and then made a presentation to both Carol and myself of some very stunningly gorgeous Jasper Conran luggage sets! Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment