Tuesday 28 July 2009

We're going potty!

Went to the Social Security office this morning to register for our Social Security numbers (this allows us to work and be paid!). Didn't know what to expect, but it was all very clean and respectable! We thought we'd be there for hours, so had packed enough food, drink and toys to keep the kids occupied for a week, but in 15 minutes we were done!

Off we went to the Texas Department of Public Safety next to book a time for my driving test - yes, I have to take a theory test, practical test and vision test! I have a 114 page drivers handbook to study in preparation! Couldn't get the test booked though, as I need my Social Security number to do so, so will need to go back in about 2 weeks time. Luckily Carol just had to convert her Florida license to a Texas one, so worst case scenario (i.e: if I fail my test!) - she can be my chauffer!! Not sure she'd be too happy with that though!! Andy made some comment about the Texas Department of Public Safety and how it was for everyone elses safety and not mine - I think this was an attempt at a dig about my driving....don't know what he means?!

Next came more work on venues. I have a meeting with a chap called Jimmy tomorrow who is the Chair of the Board for a church that I really want to hold my Wednesday evening group in. Trouble is, the rent is too pricey - hoping to charm him into a reduction! Also have some more viewings scheduled, so everything is crossed for tomorrow!

On a personal note....a landmark occasion today - Drew started using his potty!! Hooray!! Some of you in Head Office will know just how much this means to me!! Even better as diapers are so blooming expensive here (do you like my American?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment